Saturday 15 March 2008

SO MY OCEAN





The golden sands upon your shore.

So enchanting, so inviting.

Each grain tells ten stories plus one more.

A handful could quench my life but I reach.

So insightful, so artful.

Since I see the length of your entire beach.

On your coastline with the sun on my face.

So amusing, so warming.

An expansive haven that’s safe to call base.

At my feet your waters do lap.

So playful, so joyful.

And a story is told of a treasure map.

I know such things could never gratify.

So quizzical, so trivial.

High tide is near and your waves intensify.

No last breath before your currents sweep.

So startling, so alarming.

My bewildered soul into your oceans deep.

In time your salty sea does settle.

So peaceful, so tranquil.

And I once again feel like your sweet, pearly petal.

Your waters encompass my body and skin.

So adored, so devoted.

Sensuality bubbles from out to within.

In this sweet existence I’d like to drown,

So ardent, so fervent.

If onto you my love I could crown.

But your great ocean blue is too hard to hold.

So disconnected, so severed.

Through my fingers flow your waters cold.

It is your vastness I am unable to possess.

So exposed, so vulnerable.

The unchartered seas of you never caress.

And if around your true centre I am to revolve.

So patient, so loyal.

Then gills and a mermaid’s tail I wait to evolve.

Vania 2006

Thu, 28 Feb 2008

.
.




No comments: