Saturday 15 March 2008

SMOOTH SAILING



Smooth sailing

And I’m on my way

Smooth sailing

And I think it’s going to stay

I’ve got a ticket to heaven

And I already know

That with my ticket to heaven

Babe we’re going to go

************************

Been sailing for too long

And I’ve had enough

My mast is ripped and torn

And my anchor lost

Sea salt it stings my eyes

When I’m trying to see

The waves crash against my face

They battle me

Tried to stop the storm from crashing

Against my porous heart

Tried to keep my boat afloat

And I’m at a loss

Been navigating on this sea

For all my life

That it’s become a part of my palm

And I know it all

But the wind keeps blowing me

Back to the time

Where misery shows its face

Without the sunshine

Humoured by the changing winds

I bid my time

Can only get better now babe

With the weather fine

I’ll say goodbye to the rough sea

And the fish I tried to catch

I’ll leave with no ambitions

Except having you

The ocean and me have made peace

And I’m going home

Back to the Promised Land

Where we can roam

Can we glide on the calm sea?

Can we take a ride?

Can I ask the wind to push us babe

Back to the other side

I’m going to be much happier babe

I’m going to be all right

Going to enjoy every breath we take

We’re going to feel right

(a song that I did with my rock band)
Fri, 14 Mar 2008


.
.
.

No comments: